An excellent semi-remote opportunity to work with a leading manufacturing company is available for a software developer with BI Focus. You will join a team of incredible developers using powerful innovations and their passion to shape the future of sustainable mobility
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up and operating PowerBI data ingestion and developing backend and frontend user stories.
If you have more than 5 years of experience in Power BI and software development and are interested in this organization that uses the latest creative technologies, this opportunity is for you. APPLY NOW!!!!
Basic understanding and experience working with:
- At least 5-8 years of Java development knowledge and experience, including necessary solution space, e.g. version control (Git)
- At least 4 years of front-end experience
- Proficiency with UI frameworks, e.g. Angular (version 9 or higher) or React
- Setting up and operating/monitoring a Power BI environment
- Setup and operation/monitoring of PowerBI data ingestion (data loading), experience building data/ETL pipeline
- Clean data and transfer data into a reusable data model
- Create Power BI dashboards of complex queries
- Good experience with testing (manual and automated testing for data validation to ensure accuracy of data transformations
- Proficiency with Kafka to pull topics to a BI platform (other streaming experience would also count)
Great to have in addition to the above:
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Xunit Robot, Jest
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with backend frameworks like Java EE
- Experience with agile methodologies, in particular Scrum
The reference number for this position is GZ54739 which is a long term contract position rotating between Midrand, Pretoria and Home offering a contract rate of between R600 and R750 per hour negotiable depending on experience and ability. Contact Garth at [Email Address Removed] or call him [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We provide our candidates with options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Visit the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or tech specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Robot Xunit
Find out more/Apply to this position