LCS Group is a diversified Supply Chain business, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire for innovation. LCS Group continually explores new and unconventional avenues in its quest to transform its market offering and is looking for a Junior Software Engineer, to support this dynamic company.
The incumbent will report to the Group CIO and be expected to develop and maintain internal solutions using .Net Full Stack technologies and any other relevant technologies, such as Microsofts, Power platform consisting of PowerApps, PowerMate and PowerBI, to meet growing and changing business needs.
Experience and qualifications:
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of web technologies and software engineering best practices.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software development.
- Must be able to work within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Skills for problem solving.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of MS SQL.
- Experience in developing web application interfaces with ajax, Jscript, ASP.Net, MVC and C#.
- A first experience in a logistics environment would be a plus.
- .Net full stack technologies
- Computer science
- Information system
- Web technologies
- Software engineering
- Software development
- Team work
Desired work experience:
About the employer:
The LCS group of companies has grown by investing in businesses that add depth and diversity to its value chain. As a result, the group of companies is diversified across many industry sectors (Logistics, Fuels, Trading, Prime Agri, Shipping, Financial Services) and operates at different levels within these industries across Southern Africa.
Our head office is located in Heidelberg, Gauteng, with satellite offices/depots in Newcastle, Richards Bay, Durban, Kuruman, Brits, Delmas, Cape Town, Hoopstad, Camperdown, Germiston and Melrose Arch.
Find out more/Apply to this position