Python Software Developer (Cybersecurity)
This position is restricted to BBBEE applicants due to BEE requirements.
A reputable financial services company has a fantastic opportunity for a skilled, cybersecurity-focused Python software developer.
The primary objective of this position is to research, develop and mature the organization’s cybersecurity response capability through the effective implementation and integration of the orchestration platform, Automation and Security Response (SOAR).
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and automate response procedures to clarify and contextualize security events.
- Research and stay current with new and changing SOAR architectures and other automation technologies.
- Leverage Python to extend current technologies and toolsets with advanced coding techniques (PowerShell and R capabilities will be advantageous).
- Incident response automation
- Build and maintain reporting mechanisms to allow relevant stakeholders to interact with the incident management process.
- Provide technical expertise as a contribution to security monitoring capabilities for infrastructure and application projects.
Essential experience, qualifications and skills required:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification (NQF 7)
- 6-8 years of cybersecurity development experience in Python
- 2 years of experience in SOAR and/or Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
- Python software developer
- cyber security
- SOAR platform
- SOAR Architectures
- PowerShell and R
- Automation of incident response processes
- Security incident and event management
Desired work experience:
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
A reputable financial services company
Employer and Benefits:
- medical aid
- Provident fund
- Performance Bonuses
- Group life insurance
Find out more/Apply to this position