My client is looking for a Senior Software Developer.
Remote hybrid role, offices are in Cape Town. Full JD available.
Competitive salary, large global company, money management industry.
Work on the entire software stack, from UI to backend processing and database changes.
The application runs entirely on AWS and uses many AWS services.
Software stack: Ruby on Rails, Posgres, AWS.
Jira, Git, GitHub, CodeClimate, HoneyBadger, TeamCity for CI, NewRelic, Datadog, Chef.
• Devise solutions to routine problems/defects independently
• Participate in team design sessions for large-scale development
• Understand and develop use cases to complement business cases for technical development
• A passion for software development
• Adheres to coding, documentation and impact assessment standards
• Provides in-depth technical troubleshooting and defect correction for customer, BA and QA reported
problems requiring a high degree of technical expertise
• Develop technical documentation for software solutions for a targeted audience, which may include
• Develop solutions for moderately complex problems and improvements individually
• Become an effective member of an agile development scrum team
• Work closely with product management to develop the application
• Participate in functional and UI design discussions
• 5+ years of development experience
Essential Technical Skills
• Rubies and rails
• SQL relational database (ideally Postgres)
• Source code control tools such as Git
• SOLID Principles
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Degree/diploma in computer science
• Knowledge of finance in the area of performance measurement/asset management, or desire to acquire
experience in this field
• Experience with the following technologies:
o AWS or other cloud platform.
About the employer:
A software company that provides back-office automation systems to the investment management industry.
Find out more/Apply to this position