An excellent opportunity presented itself within the Development department. This role focuses on software development, executing projects on schedule, and teamwork.
responsibilities and duties
- Design clean and simple solutions.
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems.
- Provide guidance for troubleshooting root cause errors.
- Coach and guide team members to achieve their goals.
- Participate in the design of the database and the software.
- Keep abreast of technology trends, research solutions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Write software according to specifications, processes and standards of business requirements.
- Perform unit testing and hand over completed software for further testing, within agreed timelines.
- Responsible for all aspects of the application development project life cycle.
- Develop and maintain a modern software application architecture roadmap that supports an evolving enterprise innovation platform.
- Update system documentation.
- Maintain software.
Skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, management information systems or similar.
- Knowledge or exposure to MS DevOps.
- At least 5 years of in-depth programming experience with C#, C++, JAVA and Python.
- Experience with the Unity game engine will be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of the different phases of the software development life cycle.
- Good appreciation of software design principles, practices and patterns.
- A structured approach to software development.
- Experience with extensive testing.
- Ability to “see the big picture”, i.e. to appreciate the business context in which the software will be deployed.
- Team work on projects.
- To stay abreast of new technologies.
- Committed to providing high quality work.
- Take ownership of the work delivered.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with various personality types and manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years Business consulting
- 5 to 10 years Software development
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position