- Assist the current development team with the growing number of projects ranging from low-level driver software to abstract web services.
- Help scale complex enterprise management systems while being accountable and using the latest industry standard container management systems to help scale and automate the complete software lifecycle on a resilient infrastructure.
- Become an infrastructure champion and use emerging industry standards to evolve software.
- Assist in upgrading existing internal software packages that facilitate management and reporting across all areas of the business.
- Assist in designing and building tools that can assist in the monitoring, testing and maintenance of the latest software and its underlying infrastructure.
- Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of mature software platforms that power all solutions.
- Help design new systems that can replace some of the legacy software.
- Assist in the development of typical software when available development capacity is not sufficient.
- Assist in automation of scalable unit testing + regression testing + front end testing (Selenium) which QA assists.
- Assist in the development/use of systems capable of keeping workflows and shipping of new products on track, ensuring they pass quality testing and unit testing.
- Must have at least 5-10 years of programming experience on a web stack.
- Proficiency in web application development.
- Proficiency in programming design patterns and OOP.
- Master web applications and services such as Slack, Google Web Apps, Mediawiki and Discord.
- Likes to learn unknown languages.
- Comfortable working in a team with project managers.
- Be competent in writing technical documentation.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Have a good understanding of PHP and PHP-based frameworks and also have the ability to adapt to working on existing custom frameworks.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of scaling and deploying software using Docker.
- Have a good understanding of front-end frameworks like React, Node.js, Bootstrap, etc.
- A good understanding of database architecture like MySQL, Cloud SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience building web applications using micro-services working with RESTful APIs.
- Competence in the development of mobile applications such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in managing and submitting applications.
- Have your own means of transport.
- Available to come into the office during the best part of the work day and week.
- Proficiency in *nix based systems.
- Knowledge of business software domain.
- Accredited higher education.
- Competence with embedded development.
- Experience in the banking technical space.
- Mobile app frameworks are a bonus Ionic, Cordova.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position