Want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
At Wingcopter, we design innovative and high-performance drones that are used all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Flight Controller Software Developer (m/f/d) to join our team.
What you will do:
- As a member of the software development team, cooperate in forming and structuring a software development team.
- Guide and coach team members to perform and deliver according to program objectives.
- Develop and modify a V-model flight controller in an agile environment.
- Refine control algorithms.
- Supervise team members and verify or publish their deliverables.
- Work closely with purchasing, suppliers, certification bodies and other stakeholders.
- Perform hardware-in-the-loop testing and support the flight test department.
- Assume responsibility for documentation and verification of software development for clearance by the Aviation Authority.
- Support the customer and corporate flight operations department.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in embedded development (real-time application), ideally on px4 and/or flight stack APM.
- Extensive programming skills in C/C++ and at least basic knowledge of scripting languages (python preferred)
- Experience in handling standard tools for software development (GIT, CI, etc.)
- Knowledge of aeronautical engineering is a big plus.
- Knowledge of development and certification standards, e.g. RTCA DO 178.
- Experience working in an agile environment for software development.
- Experience in model aircraft or manned flight is a plus.
What you bring as the ideal candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a positive mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What we will offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The Exciting Life of a Booming Tech Startup
- The ability to develop and implement your own ideas
- Active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
Work at home
Flexible working hours