Bovada Casino was established in 2011 when Meadway Leisure Limited took over the online gaming of Bodog.com from the Morris Mohawk Gaming Group and renamed the casino Bovada. It is licensed by Kahnawake and is powered by Realtime Gaming, Betsoft, and proprietary software. The casino features table games, slots, and specialty games, which can be played in a web browser or downloaded, and it is US-focussed. The casino offers an extremely professional and comprehensive web browsing experience, with games available for free trials, and a dedicated page for each game showing screenshots and describing the type of the game and rules.
The casino lists not only all their current promotions, but also all its previous promotions. These are no longer available, but are a welcome look into the casino’s generous nature. This is continued in its current promotions.
- $3000 Casino Welcome Bonus – New players can earn up to $3000 in bonuses. On sign up, they become eligible to use two bonus codes – one for slots and one for other casino games. These offer a 100% match on deposits; up to $500 for the slots code and up to $250 for the other code. These bonuses are cashable (once the player meets a 25x rollover requirement in the casino), but each code can be used four times.
- The Wednesday Giveaway – If the players sign up for a promotional email, they become eligible to win $500 in cash by completing a weekly task. The tasks are about wagering a certain amount in that week on a certain type of game such as slots or blackjack games.
- Table Mania Tuesdays – Every Tuesday, if players wager $250 on table games such as Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Baccarat or War and they will receive a $10 casino chip the next day. This is a single win promotion. No matter how much the player wagers, they will only receive a single $10 chip that has a requirement of a 20X rollover before withdrawing any bonuses or winnings.
- Reel-It-In Thursdays – This is a slot machine equivalent of the table game bonus. When players spin $500 on slots on Thursdays, they will receive a $20 chip bonus. The bonus will only be awarded once per player per week and is subject to a 20X rollover requirement in the casino. This requirement must be met by playing on slots.
- Mobile Casino Bonus – The first time players use the casino from their mobile device, they become eligible for a $10 bonus chip. To receive the chip, they must wager $250 or more in a week from their mobile device. There is a requirement to a 20X rollover in the casino.
- Casino Benefits – Bovada Casino Benefits is the casino’s loyalty program. For every $10 bet in the casino, the player will receive points: 3 points for every $10 bet on slots; 2 for every $10 bet on Table Games and 1 for every $10 bet on Blackjack or Video Poker. These points are awarded whether the player wins or loses. 100 points is equal to $1 in casino chips, subject to a 40X rollover requirement before they can be withdrawn. The chips are awarded every other Friday, assuming the player has over 500 points. If not, their points are carried over to the next period. There are also two codes which can be claimed once per week, which offer a 100% match on the player’s next purchase of bonus chips.
- Blackjack Weekends – As an extension of the Casino Benefits scheme, for every 200 points the players earn from playing Blackjack at a weekend, they will receive a $10 bonus chip. They can earn up to $100 per weekend through this promotion.
Bovada Casino Games
Bovada offers over 180 games from three different software providers. RTG features 92 slots, including Achilles, Cleopatra’s Gold and Operation M.Y.O.W, as well as games that are unique to the Bovada casino, such as Witches and Wizards, Zombies vs. Cheerleaders and Jack The Ripper. There are also 45 Betsoft 3D slots such as Slotfather, A Night In Paris, and Greedy Goblins. The selection of 23 table games includes American and European Roulette, Baccarat, War, Pai Gow, Craps. There are also 5 specialty games (Keno, Sic Bo, Bonus Bingo, Skratcherz and Virtual RaceBook) and 17 video poker games.
Banking options are extremely limited at the Bovada Casino. There are only two ways to deposit money with them: rapid transfer and Visa. Withdrawal options are equally sparse: rapid transfer and couriered check.
Bovada’s support setup is as comprehensive as the rest of the website. Should a player be unsure of any of the rules for a game, there is a dedicated help page with hundreds of FAQs detailing most answers the player could need. For more complicated support, there is a phone number or an online contact form, which the Bovada team strive to respond to within 4 hours. There is also a 24/7 live chat facility.
This casino does not have dedicated iOS or Android apps but offers 50 games from the mobile version. These are the same games played or downloaded from the desktop site, and work equally well. Besides, there is special mobile casino bonus that allows players to get a $10 casino chip the first time they play.
Bovada Casino is a classy, reputable portal for online gaming. Due to good selection of games and dedicated support this casino is a destination of choice for many US gamblers. A lack of any third-party audit information is a disappointment, but its systems are robust enough to satisfy the Kahnawake jurisdiction, so this should not be a cause for concern.