An exceptional, innovative FPGA Developer is wanted by a fast-paced Software Specialist to join their team. Your main role will be to create and maintain high-end embedded software and systems. You should have theoretical knowledge of object-oriented programming language that can be used in the real world. The ideal candidate should also have an advanced degree in computer science or a related field, have at least 3 years of FPGA development, proficiency in C, Python, Windows and Linux, and experience with knowledge of algorithms/data structures. You must be able to coordinate with other developers for the implementation and testing of cross-functional requirements and have the ability to quickly build advanced software solutions that are relatively defect-free and easy to maintain.
- FPGA programming and integration.
- Systems design.
- Documentation / Technical writing.
- Problem solving.
- Research / Surveys.
- Service level monitoring.
- Systems testing.
- User support.
- Create firmware for custom hardware designs.
- Code version management.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborate with the software development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and oversee the deployment of applications on multiple platforms.
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Create application feedback channels for end users.
- Optimize the software by performing maintenance, updates and upgrades.
- Keep up to date with standards and advancements in app development.
- Proactively resolve issues to deliver high quality products.
- Advanced degree or diploma in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of FPGA development experience.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Experience with knowledge of algorithms/data structures.
- Software development lifecycle experience.
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
- Coordinate with other developers for implementation and testing of cross-functional requirements.
- The ability to quickly create advanced software solutions that are relatively defect-free and easy to maintain.
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating skills in the following areas:
- Experience in managing large, long-term projects, most of the time without assistance.
- Real-time multimedia experience and embedded development.
- ethernet protocols.
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Fluent English spoken and written.
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position