JUNIOR DEVELOPER (INTERN)
Digital Grounds, Inc.
Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.
Digital Grounds is a well-established software development company that is transitioning into product development. With innovative solutions ready to go to market in multiple markets, the company is poised for rapid growth.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, fast-paced and exciting entrepreneurial tech environment on the “ground floor”!
The Junior Developer will help the company develop, test and support existing and new software solutions. The ideal candidate is a reliable team player, passionate about software development and comfortable working in an agile and entrepreneurial environment. A good relationship is a plus!
• Build, under supervision and within the development team, software solutions for clients
• Participate in regular ‘scrum’ meetings
• Track time and work against projects and tasks
Testing and quality assurance
• Test apps and other software
• Troubleshooting and debugging solutions
• Participate in the software technical support development team
• Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support, as required, for Digital Grounds solutions
• As needed, communicate with customers and other team members to clarify issues and confirm resolution plans
• The ideal candidate is independent, reliable and trustworthy. She or he is good at managing their time, has good attention to detail, and sticks to tasks to completion.
• An understanding of the following is an asset:
o Cross-platform development tools (React Native, Ionic, Angular, Capacitor)
o Server-side development tools (C#/.Net Core)
o Data management tools (MS SQL, MySQL)
o Development environments (VS Code, Visual Studio)
o Scrum, Jira and agile development
• MANDATORY*: Post-secondary education having graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive), be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have obtained refugee status in Canada.
Application deadline: July 15, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Please email applications to: [email protected]
* This opportunity is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Program eligibility requirements can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream